Landline phone service providers in South Korea include KT (114), SK Broadband (106), and LG U+ (101). You should present a copy of your passport and your alien registration card to get a phone plan.
Cell phones are very common in South Korea, so most people are using cell phones. Wireless service providers, such as SKT, KT, and LGT, offer a wide range of cell phone plans with different traffic, data, prices, etc.
- No deposit, but advance payment is required.
- You need a credit card or bank account that was issued in Korea.
- English, Chinese, and Japanese services are available.
- Contact: +82-1583 (toll-free), Telephone: +82-2-2190-1180
- You can get a cell phone plan after paying the deposit.
- For English: +82-80-252-5011
- Same as South Korean citizens, you need a bank account to get a phone plan.
- For English: +82-1544-0010
Prepaid cell phone
- Prices are slightly higher than general cell phone services (deferred payment).
However, you can use the service as long as you can without any stipulated time period.